2012 - 2013 TANTSU PROFESSIONAL TRAINING in SCOTLAND
2013 - 2014 CORSO PROFESSIONALE TANTSU in ITALIA (Italiano)
2013 - 2014 TANTSU PROFESSIONAL TRAINING in ITALY (English Version)
TANTSU PROFESSIONAL PRACTITIONER TRAINING PROGRAM
Tantsu Professional Practitioner Training is rooted in the awareness that bodies heal themselves. Tantsu Practitioners have a role of supporting a client to realize one’s most adaptable and creative possibilities for integrated physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. This 280 hour training curriculum offers an in-depth experiential process in which participants learn the healing significance of full body holding, contact, movement, breath and sound to deepen their somatic presence and apply it directly to the innovative bodywork approach of Tantsu.
No matter what the state of the client, our primary object is to bring to light that which IS healthy. The investigative, exploratory process of the Tantsu Professional Practitioner Training emphasizes direct experience and how to apply the cradles of Tantsu for its intrinsic life affirming, feeling-sense, non-verbal communication and deep listening through movement and stillness.
Each of the 12 training modules has 5 aspects:
1. Technique: A complete study and practice of all of Tantsu’s cradles, transitions, contact techniques and energetic work used in a Tantsu Professional session.
2. Somatic Education: Tecniques to recognize repetitive movement, breath, thought and behavioral patterns in your client during a Tantsu session and tools and home practice exercises to empower your clients healing process.
3. Integral Anatomy: Experiential study into the integrative functionality of human anatomy, especially anatomical systems and how they relate and support one another.
4. Developing Presence: By quieting the mind and opening to “not knowing”, a Tantsu Professional session becomes a deep meditative and healing experience for both client and practitioner. A constant attention to “being with a person, rather than doing something to a person”, through neutrality and presence, the practitioner welcomes a deeper connection and healing potential for each session.
5. Personal Growth: By honestly coming in contact with one’s inner self, in all its bright and dark aspects, we become clearer and more neutral containers for our client’s healing process. This course offers many opportunities to dive deep into the shadows, discover and ultimately express your “inner gold” (ever evolving life potential) through the process of giving and receiving Tantsu.
Tantsu Professional Practitioner Training is an ideal continuation of professional skills for bodyworkers, massage therapists, Watsu practitioners, yoga teachers, movement specialists, dance/somatic practitioners, healthcare professionals, physiotherapists, personal coaches, psychologists, counselors, creative arts teachers. Tantsu is a meditative practice that enhances well-being, connection and awareness in a wide scope of fields.
Some of the courses of this training have no pre-requisite and are also open to all who are curious about movement, health, creativity and meditative presence for their own personal enrichment.
Each student in the TANTSU PROFESSIONAL TRAINING course, will , in collaboration with established mentor, establish a personal plan for his/her study path. The student from this point will orient his/her training towards a chosen mentoring focus that intriques and inspires them, in relation to how they envision uniquely utilizing the training they receive.
Graduates may register on the WABA Registry as TANTSU PRACTITIONERS and are qualified to use the work in a somatic educational context. Graduates who hold therapeutic license are qualified to use this work in their professional therapeutic practices.
FORMATIVE CREDIT: Licensed bodyworkers, health professionals, therapists, Systemic Yoga teachers or other movement educators may qualify for some formative credit upon entry into training program. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis depending on applicant’s experience and previous training. Any pre-existing WABA credit for Basic Watsu, Watsu Tantsu Explore Flow or Tantsu courses is also applicable towards training hours.
CONTINUING EDUCATION: To maintain status as a WABA Registered TANTSU PRACTITIONER, graduates must comply with WABA Continuing Education and Ethical Requirements. SOMATIC AWARENESS INSTITUTE will offer C.E. credits in the upcoming years. Some courses may be valid as Continuing Education for who is already a WATSU PRACTITIONER from another WABA training institute.
The classes of the SOMATIC AWARENESS INSTITUTE is taught by a international team of collaborators as a way to expand somatic movement, education and awareness into the practice of TANTSU worldwide.